Sunday, August 13, 1961, 6:30 a.m. —
Fr. Henry Banks, assisted by altar boy Gary Lombardi, distributes small crosses made of palm leaf strips to congregants as part of the Blessing of the Plams
during the first Mass held at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church in its new location at 23233 Lyons Avenue in Newhall.
In attendance was Cardinal McIntyre (James Francis Aloysius McIntyre, Archbishop of Los Angeles from 1948-1970).
OLPH Catholic Church: Rooted in History, Looking to Future.