Detail from panoramic photograph of Castaic Junction on March 18, 1928, showing flood damage from the St. Francis Dam. Published in Charles Outland's
"Man-Made Disaster" (1963/77). Shown is the location of the milk house, which still stood (at left); and the estancia, or Mission outpost, which was in ruins (identified here
as an asistencia, or sub-mission, which it probably wasn't).
Today, Interstate 5 would be in the foreground and Highway 126 would run off to the right.