Ladies and gentlemen, it’s a great time to be a woman where feminism is especially thriving. It’s March and you know what that means! It’s Women’s History month. I am here to share with you some songs that should be on your playlist. Ladies, let’s run this world!
- Run the World (Girls) – First on my list is Beyonce. Queen B celebrates other queens with this song. If you ever ask yourself, “Who run the world?” Just ask Queen B and she’ll tell you.
- Woman – This Kesha song is definitely put on repeat on my playlist. This is especially for all of ladies who are single, independent, and workin’ it.
- Nice For What – Drake’s music will never get old! If you didn’t see this music video, you should now! Drake includes a variety of women who slay including Olivia Wilde, Yara Shahidi, Zoe Saldana, and more!
- Pretty Girl Rock – This Keri Hilson song is so girly. This catchy tune is all about keeping your head up high when you know you are workin’ it and ignoring any negative presence that comes your way!
- Dumb Blonde – Avril Lavigne empowers blondes in this tune. She discusses the stereotypes of being blonde such that they are compared to Barbies. Don’t underestimate a blonde! Interestingly, she also incorporates the saying “blondes have more fun” into this track.
- New Romantics – No list can be complete without Taylor Swift. Jam to this song because it is about keeping your head held up high despite all obstacles.
- Really Don’t Care – Demi Lovato’s song empowers those who are going through a break up. Don’t play a slow, depressing love song, but rather this empowering song that reminds you that you don’t need him, nor should you care.
- Sit Still Look Pretty – Gotta love this Daya song! Females were not made to “sit still look pretty.” This reminds society that we were not made to sit still, but rather “rule the world.”
What’s your favorite female empowerment song? Let us know in the comments below!