If you have plans on watching next Spring’s Amgen Tour of California, you won’t see it in the Santa Clarita Valley. Race organizers released the 2012 route today and though the race boasts 8 stages, none begin or end in Santa Clarita.
The Tour De France style race begins on May 13th in Santa Rosa, travels south through communities such as San Francisco, Bakersfield, and Palmdale, before wrapping up in Downtown Los Angeles.
This past May, the Amgen Tour of California began the final stage at the Valencia Town Center before wrapping up later in the afternoon in Thousand Oaks.
The 2012 version once again boasts a high altitude finish in Big Bear and Mt. Baldy.
The race route does change year to year so the Amgen Tour could return to Santa Clarita as soon as 2013.
The 13 host cities for the 2012 Amgen Tour of California include:
• Stage 1: Sunday, May 13 –- Santa Rosa
• Stage 2: Monday, May 14 — San Francisco to Santa Cruz County
• Stage 3: Tuesday, May 15 — San Jose to Livermore
• Stage 4: Wednesday, May 16 — Sonora to Clovis
• Stage 5: Thursday, May 17 –- Bakersfield (individual time trial)
• Stage 6: Friday, May 18 –- Palmdale to Big Bear Lake
• Stage 7: Saturday, May 19 –- Ontario to Mt. Baldy
• Stage 8: Sunday, May 20 –- Los Angeles/L.A. Live